- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 3/4 lb of smoked sausage sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cup (20 oz) of homemade tomato coulis or 28oz of crushed tomatoes (1 large can)
- handful of minced fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb dry linguine
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a thick bottom saucepan.
- Sauter the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the sliced sausage and cook until heated through.
- Add the tomato paste and tomato coulis and bring to a simmer at medium-low heat.
- Let simmer approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the linguine according to the instruction on the package.