- 1 butternut squash (any size)
- 4 to 8 cups of Broth (vegetable broth or chicken broth) depending on your potage thickness preferences.
- Salt and pepper to taste and a little bit of grated nutmeg.
- Optional garnish: heavy cream, cottage cheese, Herb Salad Dressing, extra virgin olive oil, tamari sauce, crab or seafood, etc…
- Preheat the oven at 375F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place the squash halves on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper (optional: drizzle with oil or butter).
- Roast the squash for approximately 40 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork.
- Let the squash cool sufficiently to be handled and remove the flesh with a spoon.
- Heat the broth and add the roasted squash flesh and heat through.
- With an immersion mixer, puree the potage until no lumps can be found.
- Add the grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy as is or with the garnish of your choice.